The beautiful Lindsay at Never Say Never nominated me for a Liebster Blog. I cannot thank her enough for thinking of me.
The process of this award is to reveal seven random facts about myself, answer specific questions from the person I was nominated by, nominate eleven other fellow bloggers and ask them questions.
1. I love movies. I love movies so much I studied film in college. Chris and I go to the movies almost every weekend. My range of films are from awesomely bad, absolutely terrible, academy award winners, indie, and the classics. Seriously, one of my guilty pleasure favorites is Grease 2. On the flipside, I love Rear Window, Say Anything…, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and 500 Days of Summer. If Forrest Gump is on consider plans for that afternoon/evening canceled even though I own it on Blu Ray and DVD.
2. I don’t particularly enjoy surprises. It’s not that I assume every surprise is bad, it’s that I really have to know whats going on.
3. I’d rather eat side dishes than a main course. In college I used to go to the dining hall everyday for lunch and get mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and some sort of vegetable. Even on Thanksgiving I would much rather load up on green bean casserole and mashed potatoes than turkey.
4. I was a vegetarian for six months. Everyone in my circle of friends, including my boyfriend at the time, ate meat. This made it rather difficult to find suitable meal options while I explored this alternative. Once I started adding in dairy, eggs, and seafood it became increasingly hard to say no to other meats.
5. I used to be blonde. It was a bad hair year for me. P.S. Whoever said it looked good was a liar.
6. I am kind of obsessed with truly terrible television. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is my new favorite show. But, I also love Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, Rock of Love, anything ever shown on TLC, and Investigation Discovery (the entire channel).
7. I am a beast at board games. Specifically, Scrabble. Chris and I used to play each other all the time, but it is much more fun with friends. I have also been known to help people on the metro with their Scrabblegrams in the morning paper.
Questions from Lindsay:
1. What is your favorite inspirational quote or motto? The song at the end of the Karate Kid. “You’re the best… around! Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down!” Seriously, when I’m hating life during a run this becomes my mantra.
2. What is the #1 played song on your ipod?
3. What’s your least favorite chore?
Putting my clothes away. Especially after doing laundry. Ugh.
4. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I’d love to learn how to blow out my hair. Ahh that would be amazing.
5. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
You know, I’ve been asked this before, but I always just respond with Sarah. I really love my first name. Simple, pretty and classic.
6. What story does your family always tell about you?
Actually, I don’t think there is one. At least nothing that comes to mind right away.
7. What was the first concert you ever went to?
You’re about to be jealous… but The All-That Music and More Festival with the headliners Monica and 98 Degrees. I was in fifth or sixth grade and it was magical.
8. Do you prefer summer or winter?
Winter. I hate being cold, but I can always layer. The summer heat makes me miserable.
9. How did you get in to blogging?
Funny enough, I’ve always had some sort of open forum to document my thoughts. From livejournal to tumblr and even a brief blogger account.
10. What is something you have always wanted to try?
11. The best part of waking up is?
Breakfast. Love love love breakfast.
Okay, so I only got eight but I do enjoy all these blogs for one reason or another.
Now for the questions:
1. What is your favorite pair of shoes? Why? [Include a pic!]
2. If you could plan a trip to anywhere in the world, but only go to one destination, where would it be and why?
3. What is the most unique food you’ve ever tried? Would you eat it again?
4. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
5. What is your favorite board game?
6. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
7. If you had to listen to one album for the next year, which would you choose?
8. What is your favorite exercise?
9. What is the funniest pick up line someone has used on you? The cheesier the better.
10. If you could have a superpower which would you choose?
11. What’s your favorite movie? Why?